The Prudent Person
The Approved Workman Pt. 2 – The Christian Workman
The Approved Workman Part 1 – Slug: What Not To Be
The Wife Chronicles Pt. 4 – The Summary Of The Wife’s Role
— Read on saltoilandbread.wordpress.com/2019/01/17/the-wife-chronicles-pt-4-the-summary-of-the-wifes-role/
The Wife Chronicles Pt. 1 – The Prudent Wife
The Wife Chronicles Pt. 3 – The Submissive Wife
The Wife Chronicles Pt. 2 – The Quarrelsome Wife
Sunday morning. Whether you are a church goer or not, every family loves sunday mornings. It’s still commonly thought of as a day of rest. My family growing up always had one really good meal on sunday – for my parents it was lunch. For me – it’s been breakfast. Think about it – everyone does a “Sunday Roast” or “Sunday Brunch”.
That being said I have come up with a French Toast recipe that is both healthy, fresh and sweet, and perfect for Sunday mornings.
- Hawaiian Sweet Bread – Cut to whatever size you deem appropriate (I wouldn’t recommend anything more then 2 inches in width; You could substitute Cinnamon-Raisin bread but you need to be able to cut it yourself; I would not recommend substituting with anything other then that.)
- Milk (dairy or non-dairy; either is fine)
- Eggs or an Egg substitute (you will need 1 more egg then people you are serving)
- Cinnamon or (If you don’t mind a different flavor) Nutmeg
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon (give or take)
- Whipped cream or cool whip (if you know how to make your own – go for it)
- Fresh berries – sliced (I recommend using bananas, blueberries, and strawberries – but I’m sure any berries would do; I have not used melons so I can’t tell you what that would taste like but I can’t imagine it would be great.)
- Butter or Oil for pan
- spatula (for flipping)
- Pie plate or shallow dish
- In the pie plate, add eggs first then add milk (the milk should just cover the eggs) add vanilla extract and mix carefully, top off with cinnamon/nutmeg sprinkled to cover the top of mix
- turn skillet – med heat- with a bit of butter or oil in the pan
- cut bread
- when the pan has heated through dip one slice of bread into mixure – quickly flipping it over so both sides are covered – and place in pan
- wait about 2-5 min for first side to cook; flip bread over, once cooked -remove from heat and put on a plate
- repeat previous steps until mixture is all used or bread runs out.
- place 3 slices of toast on plate
- top with berries, whipped cream and drizzle honey to taste
- Eat and Enjoy
**Disclaimer** I know that using syrup is the “american” way of eating french toast but this recipe is meant to be lightly sweet and refreshing. I have found that adding honey or even a mixture of honey/syrup together is about perfect. Straight syrup is cloyingly sweet. Enjoy your sunday morning toast!