As this semester rises up to greet us it brings to my mind how much needs to be done before I begin school again. So, having sat down and come up with my own list of what needs to be done – I thought I would share it with my readers in a hope that it would help those around me.
- Deep Clean Your House – This sounds a bit intensive, and it is, but deep cleaning the house is a great way to start the semester. Not only will it be easier to maintain after you have deep cleaned it but it will also make you feel better and less stressed as you start the semester.
- Compile A List Of Items Needed For Classes – It seems easier to wait until you have to get things but honestly – pre-order your books. If you don’t know what they are – email your professors. This is a simple step in getting everything ready for that first day so that you don’t need to think the morning of.
- Pre-make Meals – Now I’m the kind of person that will eat based on mood but when it comes to the school year – getting meals pre-done makes things so much easier. Pre-make your breakfast oatmeal or dinner – stick them in the freezer – You might spend a whole day doing this but it will make it easier for you when it’s the school year.
- Build That Habit – Go ahead and start building that habit you want to have during the school year. It might be working-out or waking up early, either way if you start now it will make the first few days of school easier to keep up with and maintain the habit.
- Set Your Goals – Set your goals for the semester. It might be good grades or maintaining work and school, whatever it is that makes your list – write it down. Keep them short and obtainable. Don’t reach for the stars yet but start simple. You want to be able to succeed.
These are just some simple tips and tricks that I have picked up and found makes my school year easier to adjust to. These things are items that I do before every semester. It makes success easier and also helps prioritize and organize my life.
Have any tips and tricks? Comment below!