I blame my father. He is the one who coined this recipe. He is also the one who would make it for my little sister and I while we watched Sleeping Beauty, now I can’t watch Sleeping Beauty or eat an eggy sandwich without the other. That being said you should know it’s addicting, it’s easy and it is budget friendly!
- Bread – 2 slices of any type you like
- Mayonnaise – I like the kind with olive oil but whatever you got is great
- Eggs – at least 1 per sandwich; though I like using 2
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cheese – Kraft american cheese slices melt best but whatever you want will taste amazing.
- Butter/oil for skillet
- Heat up skillet with butter or oil in it (medium heat is best).
- Toast bread; when it is finished toasting spread mayonnaise on one slice.
- Fry Egg in pan – this can be done over-easy or hard fry – whatever you like (personally I don’t like runny yolks; even though that’s how dad makes it, so I hard fry) .
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Place cheese on top of egg for 30 seconds AFTER the egg is done cooking and the pan is turned off.
- Place Egg and cheese on bread – Create your sandwich
Ok so here are some tips – adding bacon or sausage is super yummy and so is lettuce and tomato. It kind of makes it like a BLT with egg. If you don’t want to use mayo – use guacamole or avocado, something to add creaminess. This is one of those sandwiches that’s been tried out on all my friends – they love it. It’s a staple in my life. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.